- Practice Commenced: 1993
- Total Mediations (as of Sep 2021): 150
- Total Arbitrations (as of Sep 2021): 700
Susan M. Ashley is a member of the Bar of Nova Scotia specializing in labour and employment arbitration and mediation. She is a Vice-Chair of the Nova Scotia Labour Board and has been for many years, and was Chair of the Nova Scotia Labour Standards Tribunal. She has taught at the Dalhousie Law School and Acadia University, and is former Associate Dean at the Dalhousie Law School. A full-time labour arbitrator, she has done consensual and statutory arbitrations/hearings (including grievance arbitration, interest arbitration, Final Offer Selection, med/arb) under the authority of federal and provincial legislation, in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Newfoundland. Ms. Ashley also has extensive experience with human rights adjudication, under both provincial and federal jurisdiction. She is a named arbitrator in many collective agreements.
Ms. Ashley lives in a rural area near Wolfville, Nova Scotia.
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Disability Claims
- Health Care
- Human Rights Act
- Nursing Homes
- Public Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Rights
- Wrongful Dismissal
- 1974: Admitted to the Bar of Nova Scotia
- 1973: Bachelor of Laws, Dalhousie Law School, Halifax
- 1969: Bachelor of Arts, Dalhousie University, Halifax
Memberships & Affiliations
- Nova Scotia Department of Labour
- Former Chair, Nova Scotia Labour Standards Tribunal
- Vice-Chair, Nova Scotia Board
- Nova Scotia Department of Education.
Please call for details.